Friday, October 02, 2009

While I'm on here

I thought I would post a simple note about the upcoming events at WT. I know I should promote OPSU more, but in this case, I'm gonna have to talk about WT. I will say that anyone looking for an afforable 4-year degree with good teachers who truly care about their students and have the time to give you personal attention should check out www.opsu.edu (Oklahoma Panhandle State University).

Okay, that said...here's what's coming at WT that I am so excited about! The author of The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns (Khaled Hosseini) is the keynote speaker at WT's freshman convocation this year. It is open and free to the public so for anyone who wants to go it is at the Event Center in Canyon on Oct. 15 at 5pm. These are two of my all-time favorite books so I am totally there!

That same weekend, the WT theater department will be putting on a producation of Fiddler on the Roof. Yep, totally gonna be there as well! Another FAVORITE!

So, that's my scoop...don't know if you care, but it's out there now and so am I.

No comments: