Thursday, August 19, 2010

Frazzled

My mind is just on the frizz today. I feel like it is running in a million different directions, and to be honest, it probably is. Today is the first day back at Mother's Day Out so I have a block of time to myself to get things done. That said, there are sooooo many things I need to do that I can't seem to get hold of it. I know, I know...use a little time management. Yeah, if it were that easy, I'd have it done by now.

Anyway, here are few of the frazzled ramblings going through my mind today...

- Do I have enough life insurance to cover things for The Husband and The Wee One? (Thank you MetLife for making me oh so much more aware of all the costs that would be added to The Husband if I weren't around...day care, housecleaning, etc.)

- How do I make cuts in my already super tight budget to afford more life insurance? ($300 a month on groceries is already pretty darn lean, don't ya think?)

- Why can't our society see that we have put ourselves in this financial recession by our own doing? If we didn't have to have EVERYTHING we want, the minute we want it, we might be a little better off. (Listened to a report on the radio about the number of people still losing their homes...maybe they should not purchase something they can't afford just because they want it.) Note...I am not totally free from blame on this. My splurge comes in the form of travel, and though we do it cheap, it is still something we should reign in.

- Are there any online communication courses I can teach?

- Why won't my stupid computer work the way I need it to to get this application to teach an online class done?

- How in the heck am I gonna get my stats done for my dissertation so that my advisor doesn't drive out here and kick my butt?

- Does anyone know the going rate for statistical help?

- Is it okay for The Wee One to live off chicken nuggets and fruit snacks since that's all she'll eat on a consistent basis? (Okay, she does eat other stuff, but I know that her main supply of nutrients are from these two things...oh, and milk).

- Am I doing enough with The Wee One to give her all the experiences and learning opportunities she needs?

- What church should be be attending? (Been searching, and let me tell you folks...it's hard to find a place where you really feel you fit and belong).

- Should I change my plans to visit my dear friend since her work situation is getting ready to change?

I guess that's about it for now. So, now that you know what a spaz I am, I hope you are able to appreciate the randomness of my ramblings. For now, I will lay my burdens and worries before God and go take a shower!

1 comment:

The Bonjour Four said...

i have those days too when so much on my mind. It's good we have blogs so we can get it all out there. Kinda makes me feel a little better. I laughed when I read that about The wee one living off chicken nuggets and fruit snacks. I feel that way too ALL the time. All noah will eat these days is mac and cheese and fruit snacks! everything else he says "NO!" to or turns his head. What are we gonna do with them?