Monday, April 11, 2011

Long time, no blog...

So for any faithful readers, you may have been at a loss due to the lack of recent posts to my blog. (hahahaha, I doubt my inconsistent blogging is of any major concern to anyone, but I can always pretend, right?). Anyway, to justify my disapperance, I want to share with you a run-down of the past week's events...

*Monday morning pulled in around 12:30am after a 12 hour road trip home from a conference (that was GREAT!)...slept till 10 the next morning and tried to catch up on things

*Tuesday - did revisions on chapters 4 and 5 of dissertation and taught class

*Wednesday - meeting on campus, more revisions, typed "extra" pages (acknowledgements, table of contents, appendicies, etc.) for dissertation...stayed up ALL NIGHT (26 hours) to get it done

*Thursday - slept while The Wee One was at Mother's Day Out and then spent quality time with the fam. Spent lots of time comforting The Wee One as she started her injury streak - lauched herself backwards off the couch onto her head, dropped a window on her hand/wrist

*Friday - took care of The Wee One as she developed her 24-hour bug, visited with friends till late in the evening

*Saturday - worked on stuff for my classes, attended to The Wee One's scraped knees, attended the campus musical (way to go cast!)

*Sunday - church, made bread, made cookies, visited with friends and decorated cookies, bandaged bleeding knees (falling on scraped knees is never fun)

So, as you can see, it has been a very busy week, but overall a GREAT one!!!!! The dissertation is complete and has been submitted to my committee (prayers for the upcoming defense would be appreciated). The Wee One is healing well from her mishaps. Sleep has been caught up on. Everyone is feeling healthy - minus a few allergy issues.

Life is good and hopefully back on track to where I'll be back to posting on a more regular basis.

2 comments:

Proverbs 31 Wannabe said...

Sleep is highly overrated. You could could blogged instead of sleeping....JUST KIDDING! Sounds like you have been incredibly busy. So glad your dissertation is done.

Prairie said...

Hahaha...I should have blogged - I had so much to say and now I can't remember most of it. : )