Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge, Coming on Thursday

So I might be a once-a-week poster these days, but at least I got the Wednesday Hodgepodge up on WEDNESDAY two weeks in a row! Yea me! (revision...so I started it on Wednesday but it's close, right?)

1. What reveals more about a woman - her refrigerator or her purse?

For most women, probably the purse. Take me for example. While my fridge is packed with pictures, drawings, and little notes, my purse really says a lot more about my life and who I am as an individual. I am pretty classy. I love classic patterns and styles. At the same time, I can't stand wasting money so owning tons of purses just isn't my thing. I have 4 purses...a small fancy one for ballgowns and special events, a cute black & white one given to me by my mother-in-law, a NorthFace satchel bag given to me by my sister-in-law, and the one I bought recently - my Miche purse. For those who aren't aware of Miche...they are pretty awesome. You buy the main purse and then get different shells to rotate as needed. I got three shells - a brown, a black/white, and a red. Who needs anything else? So I guess for me, practical is the best option and that really explains a lot about who I am.

2. When was the last time you went to the zoo? Where? What's your favorite zoo animal?



We took The Wee One to the OKC zoo last fall and it was the best zoo experience I have ever had. Usually we get to go to the zoo only in the summer months. When it is hot, the animals are tired and lazy. This time, the animals were moving all over the place. We saw just about every animal and they were all having fun. The snow leapords were really cool because they were young and so playful. We got to watch the gorrillas eat and they were awesome. I don't know if I have a favorite, but I do LOVE the zoo! FYI St. Louis has a free zoo and it is really, really a good one.

3. What social issue fires you up?
Can I just say several? Turst me, it's better for all concerned if I don't go into detail here.


4. Are you a coupon clipper?
I have tried over and over to be a clipper and just can't get it going. I clip and then almost always loose them...or I just forget to use them when I actually go to the store. I've gotten to a point where just don't clip any more.


5. What is one of your favorite souvenirs brought back from your travels?
When we went on our honeymoon, The Husband and I wanted to collect something from each place (we went on a tour of Europe - 8 countries (although we did stop at a truck stop in Belgium so that would be 9). Since we didn't have room for a lot of stuff, we decided I would collect dangle charms from each place. We have continued that collection, getting a charm from any trip that we take together, and I now have over 50 charms. It is just a small souvenir, but something that holds a lot of memories for us and something I will always treasure. (I have a journal that I keep with it telling what each charm represents).


6. Lemon meringue or key lime?
Niether!

7. What is the most beautiful word you know in any lanuguage?
Love


8. Insert your own random thought here.
I really don't have any interesting thoughts today. It's just nice to be able to relax and not doing anything at all for a day.

No comments: