Thursday, April 27, 2006

YIPPEE

I got a new job! Most importantly it is a GA position that will pay for my tutition! Excited? You bet your patutties I am!!!!!!!!!! I start July 1st and will be working at the unviersity as the GA for the Marketing for the student Union. Should be a new twist for me. I am really excited if you couldn't tell!

So, that aside, I thought I would post something since it has been a little while since I have been on here. I really wish I could be as funny as some of my friends, but I am just a dry humor and that doesn't always come out as well online as it does in person...really need my vocal infliction to get it most the time. Of course, you can get really crazy and just imagine I am sitting next to you as you read my blog and start hearing the voices in your head that sound like me...that would work I guess.

Well, I have been in a funk these last few weeks. I tell you, interviewing and waiting to hear back is really stressful on you, especially when you do hear back and it is not what you want. I was seriously beginning to doubt my ablility to interview and actually get a job. Heaven forbid if I would have had to call my grandma and admit that she is right - "Prairie, there aren't any jobs out there." I always tell her that there aren't jobs if you aren't willing to look and actually do work when you get one - we are usually talking about family members who are out of work again when this discussion takes place. I really didn't want to have to go back on my words there.

Now, I am feeling up again...isn't it crazy what one simple phone call will do for you? Now, if I could just get a friend or two to move up here life would be perfect. Why is it that some of us are so dependent on friends? I love my family, but my friends are and have been more like family to me in so many ways that I miss them terribly. I was telling my man this morning that I was sorry I had been in such a funk and that he had to listen to it all (to which he replied that he loves me and doesn't mind - what a great guy). I told him that he gets the brunt of it because I don't have friends close by that I can vent to and share my woes with unless I get on the phone and who the heck has time for that.

Gotta run for now...

No comments: