Thursday, September 10, 2009

Julie & Julia

What a nice evening...good movie, good company, good popcorn! I saw Julie & Julia tonight and felt compelled to write a little about it. (I know, what a copy-cat, but really, I have had this blog for a while).

Let me just say, I can TOTALLY relate to these women. I am very much in a state of not knowing what to do with my life at the moment. I love being a mom and a wife, but I feel useless and insignificant. The Wee One is only a year old, but she is already so independent - aside from wanting to be held all the freakin' time. The Husband is wonderful and amazing, but obviously independent and busy with his job. That leaves me...what to do with me????

I wish I enjoyed cooking. It kind of sounds fun to go through the Juila Child cookbook, but honestly, I don't like super extravagant food and it's not like I could even get some of the ingredients where I live. So, cooking is out for me. What else?

Mosaics are calling to me. We'll see if that is a good thing. I hope it is as it would be nice to have a project that I can complete. My greatest skill is organization so things like event planning are fun activities for me. Now, let me clarify something here...I am not organized in the way I file or clean, but I am extremely organized when it comes to making something happen. I love it and honestly, sometimes live for it. I am sure I drive my family crazy at times because I want to plan family vacations out and send emails to be sure that everyone knows what is going on at all times. That's just me. If I could figure out a way to make it happen, I would probably be a great event planner. Maybe just a problem-solver. Give me a problem to work on and I will go at it like crazy.

It's the day-to-day aspects of life that I don't know what to do with. Too much time is not a good thing in my world. I need projects!!!!

So, if anyone ever reads this and gets a brain child of something or some kind of project that I would be good at - let me know.

Other than that, I'm out....

No comments: