Sunday, October 11, 2009

What is beauty?

I have thought about these issues many times over the years, and recently I saw a link to a Dove video that made me think about them again. What is beauty? Why are we obsessed with it looking a particular way? When does this obsession begin?

Dove has a campaign that builds self-esteem for girls and teens. They are a company I am totally willing to support because of this. Check out some of their vidoes at www.dove.com (go to the Features tab and then videos). The one I love the most is called Amy...it is so sweet and so true.

As women (girls) we are so much more critical of ourselves and of other women. In reality, men are not as mean as we are in this area. Men may be "shallow" but really, we do so much of this to ourselves. What we tell ourselves, what we allow into our lives, what we allow ourselves to believe becomes true.

Watch the videos and think about what you tell yourself regarding your beauty. You are beautiful! I hope you know that.

On that note...I'm out - to think of positive things. : )

No comments: