Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Did she just say that?

So The Sister 1 (one of soon-to-be 4 amazing sister-in-laws!) and I were shopping this past Sunday and due to a misjudgement when reading the gas gage, we found ourselves with some extra time. While we waited for The Husband and The Nephew to come to our rescue with the gas can, we thought we'd hit ROSS.

On a side note - totally unrelated to this tale - I found some really cute things and was so glad we "got stranded" otherwise I wouldn't have gone there. I don't typically enjoy "digging" through clothes to find what I need/want. I don't particularly enjoy shopping, but for some reason it is a lot of fun when I go with The Sisters.

Back to the tale...so, The Sister 1 and I have found our items and are waiting, very patiently, in line - which, by the way, was taking FOREVER! Anyway, as we stand there chatting about the problems we and The Sister 2 have finding pants at the right lengths (she's too tall and we are too short), the woman behind us cuts in with "I didn't mean to ease-drop, but...." All is fine and good. She friendly and is actually giving some fairly good advice about pants shopping. Great. Thanks.

Then....

She busts out with...

"I'm so glad you guys are here to talk with. I was here yesterday and there were nothing but Mexicans everywhere. I couldn't find a single white person to talk to."

WOW! The Sister 1 and I just kind of stood there with our mouths open for a second. What do you even say to that? I wish I'd been thinking quicker. As I related the tale to The Husband, his comment would have been perfect..."Si!" Next time lady....next time.

No comments: