Tuesday, June 08, 2010

It's all about the shoes

In no way do I want this read wrong, but...I loved having the weekend without my child! The Husband and I went to celebrate our 7 year anniversary and left The Wee One with The Sister 1. It was lovely (that was my word for the weekend).

We got to rest, do some wine tasting, go to a bookstore without chasing a child around, eat delicious meals, and spend some good quality time together. : ) Only bad thing...it was a high of 110 degrees (108-111 depending on who you listen to - to me, anything over 99 is a bit insane). Man it was hot, but it was a dry heat. For anyone who lives in a dry heat, you know what I mean by that. It truly makes a HUGE difference. When we were at the family wedding a few weeks ago, it was only in the low 90s, but do to the humidity, it was so stinking HOT!

I "dressed" for the entire weekend and loved it. I should do that more at home, but I just don't really see the point. And definitely not wearing sexy high heels at home. I don't really believe that the women of the 50s even did that. I firmly believe that they were either barefoot or in slippers all day and then threw on their heels right before their hubbies came home. I do think I need to dress up at least once a week - not church dress stuff...more the "I'm a sexy, hot momma" dress. It really made me feel good and I know The Husband liked it.

Funny what a pair of heels can do. Friday night I was just in denim carpi's with a black tank and a white button down tied around my waist but...with the strappy little heels, I rocked it. If I had put the ever so much more flip flops with the ensemble, it just wouldn't have been the same. Nevertheless, while I loved the feel and the looks (yes, I actually got "checked out" - that hasn't happened in a while), my feet have paid the price. Oh my goodness, they were killing me every night and still a little on Sunday. Oh well...worth it.

So, it was a great weekend - we had fun, The Wee One had fun, The Sister 1 had fun...good times.

No comments: