Tuesday, June 01, 2010

She's growing too fast!

Okay, so anyone with kids can attest to this statement: Goodness they grow quick!

Last week, The Husband and The Wee One left me for 3 nights to visit family. I had a prior engagement so I couldn't join them till Friday. When my baby left she was...well, adorable of course, but she amazed me when I saw her on Friday. Within 3 days she had not only changed in her appearance...I swore her face looks different and she has to be taller...but she had new sayings and words. How does this happen?

So, the newbies...100% precious. "Bless you" "Excuse me" "Sorry" "Oh gosh"

I don't even know where the "Oh Gosh" came from - it's not something we say around here, but I love that she has picked up on the polite ones. Yippee!

The "Oh gosh" was a total trip the first time I heard it. We were at our niece's high school graduation reception and The Wee One had a little glass of tea. She wanted a sip and tilted it just a bit too much. The tea spilt on her pants and in a very desperate voice she said "Oh no...oh gosh". I so wish I had a recording of it because it was HILARIOUS!

Okay, that was Friday. On Saturday, we joined some more family at the local amusement park. Of course, there are only about 4 rides that she is tall enough for her to ride, but that didn't matter. She only really cared about one...THE BOATS! Sure she enjoyed herself on the other ones, but any time we let her out of the stroller, she would run with total abandon to the boats. Yeah, she is her father's daughter.

1 comment:

The Bonjour Four said...

how cute! i'm sure that was hilarious. Wish you could have caught it on video too. What a sweetie!