Thursday, September 16, 2010

Crying in my coffee

My heart is saddened this morning - and it is a totally selfish reason. The pastor at our home church is moving. BOO! I know this will be good for him and his family, but I want him to stay. Here's the most selfish part...we don't even live there any more. We go to the church whenever we are in town, but that's about once a month at best. How horrible can I be?

I went out to get the mail this morning and there was a letter from the church. We are still members and on the mailing list, so it is not unusual to get letters from the church. However, there was just something about this one that I had to open it immediately. I opened it and as I read the first line - "It is with deep love and affection..." I knew what it was about. I quickly scanned the letter and there it was in the third paragraph. "On September 12, I accepted the call to serve..." I literally almost started crying.

This is the man who married us, the man who dedicated our daughter. Goodness, his wife was actually my labor and delivery nurse when I had The Wee One. We love these people! I know I am not alone in my saddness. I know that many at the church have closer relationships to this family. I just hate that they will now be so far away from us. I wonder if I will still be able to have him dedicate any future children? Hum...

For now, I will just shed a few tears in my coffee and then get to cleaning my house. Life goes on, right?

2 comments:

Paula said...

:-( I know how much that family means to you.

The Bonjour Four said...

aw girl im sure that is so hard. :( hang in there.