Thursday, September 23, 2010

Fall!

It's here - officially on the calendar and in the weather outside! I am so excited. I have always loved fall. I think it is because my birthday marks the start of the season. For many, fall brings home childhood memories...playing in the leaves, baking in the house, going to pumpkin patches. It isn't really about any of that for me. Instaed it's like a spiritual calling home.

There is just something about the cool air, the wind blowing, the general feel in the air that always makes me feel closer to God. As I sit here on my couch with the windows open, letting the cool breeze hit my arms, I am reminded that God's blessings are all around us.

It may seem funny to people that something so simple can bring such peace to me, but it's true. Fall always seems peacful. It is a tolerant season, a mild season, a season to recharge the soul. Everything about fall screams PRAIRE! I encourage you all to embrace the fall and find God's blessings throughout the season.

No comments: