Wednesday, October 06, 2010

College Days

I loved my college days! I know that is true for a lot of people, but college was a glorious time of self-discovery and self-education for me. One of the ways this all took place was through the amazing people I met while there.

This past weekend was my alma mater's homecoming. It was a big one - 100 years - so the place was packed with people who may not always make it back for homecoming celebrations. While not all of my closest friends from those days were able to come, I got to see so many people that I haven't connected with in many, many years. I loved every minute of it!

I started college as a very confused, very shy freshman. At orientation, I met two young ladies who became incredibly dear friends. Through them, I met another wonderful young woman who completed the group. The four of us will forever be known as "The Pink Ladies." We keep in touch speratically - mostly thanks to one member who really knows how to work the phone lines - but we are forever bonded by those years.

Photobucket

There were a group of guys that some of us dated. The four of them lived together. The were "The Boys" and we had a great time with all of them. The Pink Ladies harassed The Boys for three straight semesters - Dead Day attacks that will forever be memories of staying up late, laughing hysterically, getting bawled out the next day, and laughing some more.

Photobucket

By my junior year, the group of friends had grown. Some associated with each other, some were in other circles. Each year was a new game. New experiences, new friends, new memories. For many people, high school is the time that stands out as "the best years." For me, it's all about the college years. Looking back, almost every event, good and bad, no matter how small it seemed at the time, played a roll in how my life has developed. I am grateful to all of those who took part in that devleopment and I will always treasure those days.

1 comment:

The Bonjour Four said...

dang im so sad i couldn't come and see all of you! i saw more of your pics on facebook and it looked like a great time! you look great Prairie! beautiful as always!