Wednesday, October 20, 2010

State of Dress

Okay, this is really cool. Artist Robin Barcus Slonina is working on an art series called State of Dress. In this series, she is creating a dress to represent each state in America. I encourage you to check out her blog to view the different dresses. You need to go through the archives to find pictures of the dresses, since her blog has posts other than just dress-related. Below is a YouTube video of her Wyoming dress. Pretty cool.



I am curious to know what first inspired this series. I think it is really, really cool and I love the variety in the materials she uses. The photos of the dresses are great as well.

This is a very short post, but I hope you take the time to check out her blog to see this quite remarkable art series.

No comments: