Thursday, October 21, 2010

Rainy Day Memories

I love rainy days. Not enough to move somewhere like Seattle, but I do love them. Rainy days are fun for me. They mark days of relaxation and a good kind of nothing-ness. The kind of day where you bake yummy foods or lay around all day watching movies under your blanket.

About 8 or 9 years ago - back with The Husband and I were still in the un-married dating world - we had a great rainy day. It was in February and it was a "yucky" day outside so we set up camp in my apartment's living room. I pulled out the futon, we both put on comfy clothes, popped a big bowl of popcorn, and literally did nothing but snuggle up while we watched whatever movie was on TV at the time. We talked, made fun of the movies, laughed about stupid things, but were perfectly comfortable being lazy all day long. I think I even have a picture of us somewhere, but it is in the "old pictures box" and therefore, has not been scanned at this point in time.

For some reason, the only movie I remember from that day (remember, we did nothing but watch movies...all day long) is Fargo. It is not an amazing movie, nothing particularly funny happened while we watched it, it just for some reason stands out in my memory. To this day, any time I see Fargo it takes me back to that rainy, do-nothing day and I smile.

Just goes to show that the simplest things in life can sometimes be the best memories.

3 comments:

Paula said...

I made chocolate chip cookies today while I listened to the thunder.

The Bonjour Four said...

yeah right. i know what ya'll were doing. wink wink :) that's why you only remember Fargo. lol jk

I loved this post. So true Prairie! Thanks for sharing. And I love what you've done with the blog. It looks great!

Prairie said...

Okay Libby, maybe "other stuff" was going on, but it's not like I wanted to post that. hahahaha

Thank you for the compliment on the blog - you are my constant inspiration for blog appearance. :)