Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Hodgepodge Wednesday Follower

Okay, so I don't actually "follow" the original Hodgepodger (From This Side of the Pond), but one of the wonderful blogs I do follow does. Check out Tales of a Proverbs 31 Wannabe - she has some really awesome insights.

Anyway, she participates in Hodgepodge Wednesday - where you post and respond to some random questions. This could be fun...

1. Would you rather be seen as a person who did their duty or forged their own path?

As in the typical Prairie form, I have to say I like a middle ground here. I have always forged my own path to some degree - even when it hasn't been on purpose - and I like that. I try to stand up for things that I feel are right, even if it isn't the popular thing. I have my own style and that definitely isn't always popular.

At the same time, I was raised to believe that duty and responsibility is very important. That said, I strive hard to do my duty, in whatever form that may take. Ultimately, I think you can find the balance between forging your own way and doing your duty - maybe it's your duty to forge your own way?

2. This week's Wednesday Hodgepodge happens to fall on Groundhog's Day. In keeping with that theme, if you could have a do-over of any one day out of the last seve, which day would it be and why? (If you haven't seen the movie Groundhog Day this might not make sense to you - go watch it).

Hum...tough one. The day my brother was in town would be pretty awesome to repeat, The Husband wasn't able to be with us and repeating a day over and over without him would be sad. However, the rest of the days have been pretty mundane. Not bad, just nothing much going on and having to repeat one of those over and over would get old quickly I'm afraid. I guess if I had to choose, I would say Sunday...we had a nice service at church, a wonderful lunch with some new friends, and a relaxing afternoon and evening at home. Not a bad day to repeat.

3. Hot cocoa...yay or nay on the marshmallows?
Easy one! Nay on the marshmallows!

4. Do you wear makeup every day? What are the two must haves to your makeup routine?
Um, that would be a negative. I didn't even wear it everyday when I worked out of the home. However, I do try to put it on when I leave the house now - most of the time. I can be pretty quick - less than 5 minutes to get the makeup on, but sometimes I just don't care. When I am going to put makeup on, I absolutely have to have mascara and blush...lip gloss or lip stick is preferable, but I seem to lose it a lot. : )

5. Is it more important to you to be loved or understood in a relationship?
Can I say both again? I have a good reason for this...if you are truly loved, the other person will try their hardest to understand you and that attempt is everything. I feel truly blessed to say that The Husband honestly loves me and understands me. He gets me and that is an accomplishment for sure.

6. Parsley, sage, rosemary, or thyme...your favorite?
Hum...I probably use parsley more than the others, but I do love sage and rosemary. I hardly ever use thyme - no reason, just don't.

7. What do you do when you feel angry?
That depends on the reason and/or the circumstance. Ultimately, it is probably best if I am just by myself for a bit.

8. Insert your own random thought here....
It amazes me how the house can feel so cold when it is really about 68 degrees (where we usually keep it in the winter). Makes me wonder how much our minds can be influenced. I know it is about 8 degrees outside so it just makes it feel that much colder in here. The mind is a pretty interesting thing, isn't it?

1 comment:

Proverbs 31 Wannabe said...

Thanks for sending people my way and for the kind words! I enjoyed reading your hodgepodge responses.