Friday, February 04, 2011

Prayer for Egypt

I decided to head a call to pray for Egypt today. Interceded for Egypt: 24 Hours of Prayer and Fasting was an inviation that was sent out over Facebook and I felt called to join in. I will be honest, I am not completely fasting. Ultimately, it is because I am that weak, but in reality, I get a little sick if I go super long stretches without eating something, so I have made a dedication to very light eating and lots of prayer.

Here are the points suggested to pray over throughout the day.

*That the love and peace of Christ would be upon Egypt in tangible ways.

*That those in positions of power would do all they can to protect the people of Egypt instead of seeking after their own personal gain.

*That governments with influence (such as the USA) would be given wisdom and discerment as how to best assist in this situation.

*That the physical needs of the Egyptian people (food, water, shelter, etc.) would continue to be met by our provional God.

*That the indigenous Egyptian Christian would not only be protected physically, but emboldened spiritually to show the love of Christ during this crucial time.

*That the foreign missionaries who have chosen to stay in Egypt would be protected and emboldened in their wintess.

*That the global church would rise up in prayer and action on behalf of peace in Egypt and the entire middle east.

*That this situation would be brought to a peaceful end/resolution soon.

I encourage any of you who believe in God to pray over these points throughout the day and until the people/country of Egypt has calmed and found a resolution to thier problems.

2 comments:

jillian sara said...

Thanks for posting this prairie. Needed to hear it

Paula said...

Thanks for the list! This morning I read that the muslim's were protecting some Christians during their service. WOW.