Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Ides of March

The Wee One has been growing and growing, and it is once again time to get her some shoes. So, yesterday I hit up my favorite kiddie store, Once Upon A Child. If you have small children and haven't checked out these stores, you must. They are a resale shop for clothes, furniture, toys, etc. Great place for kids stuff for great prices! I haven't done the resale part yet, but someday....

Anywho, back to my story. The Wee One loves this place because she can play with all the toys and while The Husband keeps an eye on her, I do my shopping. After about 30 minutes, I figured I had enough stuff and headed to checkout. Here comes the fun part...

To this point you have probably been thinking that this story is about the great deal I got. I will say that it was a great deal - about $40 for 2 pairs of shoes, 5 dresses, and 1 sweater - but that's not the point of my story.

I put all my stuff up on the counter and while I'm chatting with the sales clerk, another sales member comes up in a hurry. "You won't believe this...there is a pile of poop on the floor over there. I'm pretty sure it was that woman who is jumping in the car outside." Seriously. Poop on the floor. It took all of 10 seconds for the smell to drift over.

A debate over who did it started...the one girl was sure it was the adult. In my opinion it doesn't matter - it's just gross. It was really disturbing to me that the culprit (whoever in the family who did it) just rushed out of the store rather than deal with it. I mean, really, even if it was the adult woman, she could have said the kid did it and asked for things to clean it up. Disgusting and IRRESPONSIBLE.

Gives a whole new meaning to Beware the Ides of March.

3 comments:

Proverbs 31 Wannabe said...

That's just strange. People have no manners or common decency. I'm guessing the woman was embarrassed, whether she did it or the child with her, but still...anyone who has ever been a mom has been mortified by the actions of her child and can understand, especially in a children's store. One would think she'd discreetly tell someone who worked there and take care of the issue.
Congrats on your good deals!

Paula said...

Egads! I am so glad I missed out on that fun!

Prairie said...

I'll gotta say, I was surprised to say the least. I am trying to give the benefit of the doubt and think that maybe there was a serious medical condition involved. If that is the case, I pray that whoever in the family had it, is healed quickly before any more situations come about. ; )