Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Hodgepodge Wednesday - ON TIME!

Aren't you proud of me? I got this up on time for a change. It might have taken staying up until midnight to get it straight off the blog-press...but it's here...on WEDNESDAY! Thanks to Joyce for another round of great questions.

1. It is offically fall here in North America...I realize not everyone who participates in the Hodgepodge lives in North America, but if you do, what's your favorite memory of Summer 2011?
First off...the calendar might say fall, but the weather is not cooperating where I live. We racked up another 100+ degree day today and it is getting a bit depressing. That said...on to better things. Summer 2011 brought a lot of memories for us. We road-tripped (always good), watched family graduate, moved, started new jobs, and welcomed a new member to the larger family. I guess I'd have to go with a memory that includeds a dear friend. One of the Dramatic People visited us after we moved and helped me find the perfect dress for a gala we got invited to attend. Without her wonderful assistance, I would have had to either (1) hide in the TJ MAXX dressing rooms until The Husband got off work and could come assist me, or (2) ask the dressing room attendant to come in and possibly scar her for life. I'm sure The Wee One will need counseling after seeing her Momma fight like a dolphin stuck in a plastic soda can ring fight for freedom to get out of the dress(es) I tried on. I'm so grateful my friend was there to share my hysterical embarrassment - floppy boobs and all.

2. What is your favorite nut? The edible kind...
To eat raw I'd probably go with almonds. To eat in a crushed/creamed fashion, peanuts (peanut butter), to eat cooked in something, macadamia (white chocolate macadamia nut cookies!!!). I'm pretty easy to please as you can tell. : )

3. What activity puts your sense of balance to the test?
My question to this...do you mean mental balance or physical balance? Hum... Just kidding. Heights definitely challenge my balance. I get scared and my balance (or at least feels like it) starts to get a little off. Other than that, I'm pretty good.

4. How would you describe your sense of humor?
Off. No really, apparently I think things are hilarious that not all seem to agree upon. Some have described me as zany...that easily applies to my sense of humor. Some have described me as sarcastic. That too fits well. In general, I am easily tickled and can find humor in a variety of situations. On the funny note...if you haven't watched Community on NBC, you really need to. Rent seasons 1 & 2 and enjoy a good chuckle. If you don't laugh then you will see why some feel that my sense of humor is off because I find it one of the funniest shows ever!

5. September 28th is National Ask-A-Stupid-Question-Day. What's your stupid question?
There are no stupid questions... hahahaha So seriously, I don't know, but I can think of some stupid answers.

Yeah, I just played that. Sorry Miss South Carolina...you can't live it down. And no, your appearence on The Amazing Race did not help.

6. Roller skates - hula hoop - jump rope...which activity would you most enjoy?
Are we talking about when I was a kid or now? I would have to go with roller skates these days. First off The Wee One things Wonder Red on Super Why is way cool because she skates and she keeps putting imaginary skates on my feet and requesting that we skate around the house so we might as well do it for real, right? Second, it's just plain fun...and less embarassing than hula hooping at my age.

7. What is your most sentimental possession?
Tough call. Either my angel figurine that my great-grandma gave me a month before she passed (an angel watching over a small girl and boy), or my charm bracelet that The Husband and I started on our honeymoon. I collect a charm from each place we have visited together.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
This might sound super crazy, but I think I am going to write letters to 2 celebrities to thank them for being part of some TV shows that I feel greatly influenced my life. Alan Alda (M*A*S*H) and Scott Bakula (Quantum Leap). I own a few M*A*S*H seasons and I've been watching Quantum Leap on Netflix and I have been reminded of how impactful these shows were to me in my formative years and how much the reinforced the ideals presented by my mom - only more directly stated at times. Some might see this as sad, that I claim that TV helped shape my thoughts and ideals, but I'll be honest about it and say that these two shows really did. I watch them now and I can see how certain beliefs I have about how we should treat others were greatly influenced. I think it might be nice for these men to know that they made an actual difference in someone's life. Maybe not, but who knows.

1 comment:

Paula said...

I hope you feel the love...through the tears of laughter and ahs that passed through my brain while reading your hodgepodge. I miss you!