Friday, September 23, 2011

Another late Hodgepodge

My goal this week was to actually get the Wednesday Hodgepodge done on Wednesday. As you can tell, that didn't exactly happen. It's been a pretty busy week - good but busy.



1. Do you like chili? Red or white? Beans or no beans? Spice or no spice? Toppings?

I do enjoy chili, but I have to admit, I've never made a traditional chili. I like beans in my traditional chili and throw a little chedder cheese on top and I'll be a happy camper. However, my favorite chili is a recipe I got from The Sister. It's Chicken Chili Stew and it is a little bit of heavenly deliciousness. Chicken, onion, garlic, bell pepper, pinto beans, tomatoes, (I've added some green chilies), cumin, chili powder, (add-in some cinnamon), salt and pepper. Top with cheddar cheese, guacamole (homemade is best), and sour cream. YUM!


2. Red-Orange-Gold...your favorite fall color?

Although The Husband would said I'm an "autumn" in my color scheme, I really don't care for most fall colors. I love red though - particularly cherry reds. So lovely.


3. Who did you idolize whe you were growing up?

I don't remember really idolizing anyone but I guess I would say that I deeply looked up to a teacher in middle school (Mary Anne Minto). She was like a second mom, but without all the mother/daughter stuff you get. She took me aside and taught me to really write - had to put her in my acknowledgements on my dissertation for that -but more than the typical teacher stuff, she respected me as a person and though there was definitely a line between student and teacher, she was my friend.


4. When was the last time you did something "arts and craftsy"? Share please.

Just a couple of days ago actually! I'm kind of proud of myself on these because as mentioned many times before, I'm not all that crafty. However, I was inspired by a gift that The Wee One got and really thought I could make something similar. I added my own spin and created what I think is a really cute dress...and then followed it up with a top - idea insipred by a wonderful friend (one of the Dramatic People).


























5. What's a place that makes you really nervous?

The edge of a cliff. Metaphorically and in real life.


6. Horse back riding...yay or nay (neigh)?

I love to ride horse back, but don't get to very often - like once every 5 years or so. The first time I was on a horse I was around 2 years old and my mom allowed a friend of hers to take me for a little jot. From what I hear, I loved it early on and enjoy it every time I get to go now.


7. What is your favorite cliche?

I don't know that I have a favorite, but I definitely use them all the time. The hardest part is when I am teaching and talking about avoiding cliches in speeches. It never fails that that will be the class period that I end up saying a million cliches.


8. Insert your own random thought here.

Tomorrow is the combined birthday party for The Wee One and myself. Our birthdays are a week apart and while she is still young we figured we might as well take advantage of the ability to combine the events. I am excited for the party, but already worn out. We haven't planned a big theme, don't have special events planned, really only invited family...however, it has turned into an actual EVENT. I know we will have fun, but I will be glad when it is done. At least I will be eating some yummy food and cake. Thanks to my wonderful cousin for offering to make mine for me. : )

1 comment:

Proverbs 31 Wannabe said...

Love your craftiness! Very cute! And happy birthday to you and Wee One! Hope you have a fantastic party.