Monday, September 12, 2011

A very belated Wednesday Hodgepodge

For those of you who have followed this blog for a while, you will remember that I used to keep up with these Wednesday Hodgepodge postings. These are questions put out there by another and I like to keep up with them, just don't always get to them on the correct day. : )



1. What is the one piece of advice you would give a "just turning 21" year old adult?


Enjoy your life, but remember responsibility. And...start investing for your retirement, even if it's a small amount. You will be grateful you did later, I promise.

2. Besides cooler weather, what is the one thing you are looking forward to this fall? I love just about everything fall! It is my favorite season by far. Not only does my birthday kick off the start of fall, I love cooler weather, changing leaves, pumpkin patches, cool nights on the porch/patio with a drink and a good conversation. Oh so much joy in fall!


3. What sounds lull you to sleep?



Considering I can sleep just about anywhere, it doesn't take much to lull me. However, as much as I love attending the symphony, I gotta say classical music definitely can sooth my soul and make me sleep soundly.


4. September is National Preparedness Month...does your family have an emergency kit and/or disaster plan in place?


I had to laugh when I read this one. In no way are we panic-driven people, but preparedness is a huge part of my personality and The Husband is all about preparing for disasters. With the new purchases he made for emergency situations, I think we'd be able to live completely on our own in the wilderness...for about a month. Then we'd have to start bartering and killing our food. Let's hope it doesn't ever get to that. I don't think I'm cut out for totally roughing it.


5. How has you blog changed since you started blogging? Or has it?


I've actually had this blog since 2006 and then took a 3 year break. It's always been a random blog, filled with a little bit of everything. Since I started back in 2009, I've been much better about sticking to it, even though I have little breaks here and there where I disappear. I'm actually contemplating a new blog dealing with travel related posts. I'll keep you posted if that comes around...


6. What's something you've recently learned to do on the computer?


This will sound pathetic to some of you, but I just recently used Windows Movie Maker for the first time and it's been a lot of fun. Now that I have more time, I decided I should get all of The Wee One's videos organzied. This is 3 years of videos so it's taking a while.



7. Is a picture worth a thousand words? Elaborate.


Absolutely. There are so many times when you can't fully describe the scene at hand, but you can show a picture of it to another person and know that they fully grasp the feeling. As a nation we just observed the 9/11 anniversary. Think back to the pictures you saw of that tragedy. Though you may have been a 1000 miles away, you felt the enomity of the situation immediately.
8. Insert your own random thought here...
The Wee One's 3rd birthday is this week. It's hard to believe it's already been 3 years, but at the same time, it's hard to imagine life without her.



2 comments:

Paula said...

Great advise for a 21 year old. I can't believe the Wee one is already 3...and I can't believe she is only 3. Love love love that little pumpkin

Proverbs 31 Wannabe said...

Great to read your answers. Your Wee One is adorable. You are one up on me with with Windows Movie Maker, but this is mostly due to the fact that Hubby used to produce television news and it's his thing.