Sunday, September 11, 2011

Can't believe I did that...

Funny how things flow. I've been thinking such random thoughts all day and then I read one of my favorite people's blogs (http://www.paulaschlegel.com/) and found that she is in a random mood as well. Guess it adds some validation to my mental process. Maybe the random thoughts flowing through my brain this weekend helped contribute to the stupid thing I did.


So...yesterday The Husband says "Let's go to Waco and see Uncle K's new place." Sounds good so we jump in the car with our pre-packed (emergency) bags just in case and head off. It's a nice visit as we haven't seen this crew in a few months. We swim, eat pizza, watch some movies, and of course chat it up. It's turns late so we decide to stay (and that's why we have those bags). I text a friend from church this morning to tell her I won't be there (trying to coordinate a women's retreat) and then I go off to play.

All is well until dinner when I get a call. "Oh ****! I completely forgot!" I jump up from the table to answer the call and apologize to my dear Aunt J who I'd invited to dinner. She and her crew were at my house expecting some delicious stuffed bell peppers and a tour of the campus where The Husband is working now. To make it worse, they had brought a pie and a gift for The Wee One.

For those who know me personally, this is a big deal. I don't usually forget engagements. I am still dumbfounded that I blew it like that. I know she will forgive me because she is a wonderful lady and her daughter and husband are just as nice, but I still feel like a complete idiot. So, off to the day planner to re-schedule and a flip or two through the cookbooks for a dinner that WOW. Suggestions gladly accepted. Seriously.

1 comment:

Paula said...

Egads! That is so NOT like you. I know you will have an amazing "redo" though so give yourself a break. LOVE Ya