Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A future gymnast?

As I sit here watching the 2010 Olympics (with a short break for one of my favorite shows, Psych) I can't help by think about the possible future of The Wee One. I believe most parents go through this - questioning the different potentials of their children - so please don't think I am obsessing about my child or planning her life for her.

The Wee One is particularly obsessed with bouncing and walking on the window sill (with help of course). As we started getting snow a few weeks back, I would lift her up on the window sill so she could watch it fall. She then started asking to be lifted up there to say bye to Daddy. Then she started wanting to "walk" it. She holds onto my side and we walk forward to the curtain and then she walks backward to the other curtain. Of course, her balance isn't great yet and she is holding on to me (and I to her), but I find it very interesting that she likes this balancing act.

Her bouncing is a trip! She is officially into a twin bed instead of a crib and she LOVES to climb onto the bed and then start jumping around like a crazy person. It brings her great glee and she is fairly good at getting both feet off the bed and then falling to her bum. I think she will love a trampoline when she is old enough!

How cool would it be if someday we see The Wee One at the Olympics? Something to think about....

2 comments:

The Bonjour Four said...

She is already in a twin bed!? wow. I guess we should start thinking about that with Noah. I need some tips! haha

Prairie said...

Don't rush it! After our road trip this past summer (5 weeks in a tent), she just wouldn't do the crib thing again. In some ways it's nice - I'm not killing my back trying to put her in the crib - but in others, it's such a pain. She can totally get in and out by herself so getting her to stay in by herself can be a challenge. It's always a fun time with little ones!