Tuesday, February 23, 2010

No, no, no

I just read a friend's blog about her son skirting the edges of the terrible two's. I have been told that these actually start around 18 months, not 24 so it makes sense that those of us who have little toddlers should be seeing some signs of what's to come.

We have not seen the extreme outbursts yet, but I will not be surprised if they show up in the next few months. Up to this point the biggest meltdown has been a little bit pathetic cry whenever something happens to her favorite show - Nemo.

The funny thing that she has been doing lately is the "no" treatment. Today, she kept whining about milk on the way home from Mother's Day Out. So, we get home, I ask her if she wants some milk, she says "milk" and she follows me to the kitchen. I pour it and then hand it to her with the standard, "Say 'thank you'." She stand directly in front of me and turns her head (if her hair was long enough it would flip) and says "no". So I ask again. "No." Today it was not funny, just slightly annoying. Last night when she did it with her banana, it was hilarious! I totally get what my friends mean about trying hard not to laugh. She does this "no" bit for 3 or 4 times and then she walks off a little bit and then returns to get whatever it was she wanted. (NOTE: Trying to be a good parent, I have decided to let you say "no" twice and then just set the item down and ignore the rest - I hope this works).

Terrible two's....bring it! (Okay, not really...just a slight showing would be more than plenty.)

No comments: