Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Just a typical weekend

Okay, so last weekend did have some extra "exciting" moments, but for us, for good or bad, that's not all that unusual.

The Husband was off to Florida for a bachelor party for his youngest brother. The plan was to take the brothers' boat out and go deep sea fishing in the Destin area. The first two days went fine - choppy water and not a lot of fish catching, but a good time. Then Saturday night hits. The boys apparently had gone to eat in the harbor area. Afterward, they thought they might as well go check on the boat since they were down there anyway. On the way, they were joking around..."Don't know why we're checking...it's not like it's gonna sink or anything."

I beg to differ.

They get to where they had docked and what do they see? No boat. Well, actually, they saw part of a boat. It actually sank! Fortunately, they were in a shallow docking area so it was only partially under, but enough of it that it was a problem. Who sinks a boat on a simple weekend fishing trip? I mean really.

So, what were The Wee One and I doing all this time? Ah, let me tell you.

I was at my mom's for the weekend - Mother's Day and all that. While there, we had planned on trimming The Wee One's hair. Hum...might think twice about that next time. Those of you that follow this blog have already read about the experience, but let's leave it with the comment that it was traumatic. Everyone has recovered and the hair even looks cute, but it was a rough time.

On Monday, The Husband flew back to us and The Wee One and I were at the airport, looking great, ready to greet him. The Wee One was in an adorable sundress with little red ladybugs on it (hat included) and I was in a super smoking hot strappy summer dress with my great red heels. Yeah, it was awesome!

So we pick him up and start the 2 hour drive home. Aside from the wind - 45-60 mile per hour gusts, no lie - it was a fairly uneventful trip. We were about 45 minutes out and we hear some lovely noises from the backseat. "Wow! For such a little girl, she really can blow!" We continue driving, kind of laughing at the noise and the funky smell coming from the back. No worries, we've been down this road before. Yeah right.

For some reason, I looked back for a second and saw the explosion. Not kidding. It looked like a real explosion back there. Poop everywhere. On the car seat, her legs, her hands, the door...wow! Here's the problem. Due to the unreasonably high winds and the two-lane country road, there is no where to pull over so we have to deal with the smell and the mess all the way till we get home. We tried to cover the mess with some wipes, but that just made things worse because she wanted to toss those around the car.

We finally got home and The Husband ran inside to change his shirt (he had dressed nice to greet us as well) while I sat in the car with The Wee One. Once he came back out to grab her, I ran inside to change out of my dress so I could wash her down. He took her straight to the bathroom and we ran the shower on her. Then let her take a nice mid-day bath. While I bathed, he washed the car seat and wiped off the door. Poor guy!

As I said before...I wish that were an unusual weekend for us, but it's really not. I guess we are just good at rolling with the punches.

1 comment:

The Bonjour Four said...

OH MY GOSH!!! she is gonna love reading this someday. hahahaha that is too funny. well probably not very funny at the time I'm sure. Oh my!

I wrote you a message on facebook.

And, no Noah didn't write his name by himself. I guess I should have made it a little more clear that Daddy helped him. I sure would be impressed if he could though!