Tuesday, May 25, 2010

My Wedding

May 30, 2003 - It was a wonderful day!

As with all weddings, we had a few little hiccups. (1) We had moved the wedding from the original month of August to May thinking we would avoid the extreme heat of summer, but God fooled us. My wedding day was a whooping 105 degrees - the hottest of the summer. (2) My photographer wouldn't let me take any pictures outside because "someone might see me". That totally ticked me off! Never bought any prints from him because of that. Turkey. (3) My grandfather's car radiator literally blew up in his face so his face was pretty much fried. Other than that, the day went off without a hitch.

The ceremony itself was perfectly us. We had my mother paint each of our family crests on banners and had family members march them down the isle along with a bagpiper. He then circled back around and I followed him in rather than having any other type of music. Our pastor had known both of us for over 2 years so we felt really comfortable with him (so much so that he has also christened The Wee One and will do the same for any other children we are blessed with). The church we got married in is beautiful so we didn't have to decorate much. The Husband got choked up and our dearest friends and family were all there to celebrate with us.

It all goes so quick, but we had so much fun. We actually stayed at our reception till close to midnight. The only thing I would change about the reception would be making sure I actually got to eat something aside from cake. I didn't really even get to eat that...more like having it shoved up my nose and down my dress. Don't worry ladies, I got him back. His jaw hurt a little the next day from the smacking of cake against his chin.

Our Best Man drove us to our hotel and we had him stop at Whataburger on the way for some chicken strips. When we got to the hotel the priorities were: EAT, kick off our shoes, get out of my dress (and scrape cake and birdseed off my chest), and then the other stuff. I can't believe how tired we both were, but worth every bit of that exhaustion.

I know many of us have wonderful memories of their wedding day and I encourage you to share those with others. It is a nice way to celebrate your marriage to relive your wedding day. It's also a good way to justify all the money we spend on one single day. Ha!

No comments: