Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Summer is over...but it's been a great one!

So, school started today, officially marking the end of summer for us. On one hand, I'm sad. On the other, I'm kind of glad we will be back to a more regular schedule. This summer was flown by and we have had a lot of fun. Here's a quick recap.

May saw the addition of a new member to the family. The Newest Sister married The Youngest Brother and it was literally a family affair! The Husband, The Wee One, and I were all in the wedding and though it was crazy hot in all our get ups, it was BEAUTIFUL.


The end of May was mine & The Husband's 7th wedding anniversary. We celebrated by going wine tasting in Lubbock. Not super exotic, I know, but we had a fantastic weekend and bought some really yummy wines.

June took us on a retreat-from-the-heat to Colorado. We hit Monument Lake for a weekend camp-out. It was a very interesting few days...caught my first fish (ever) and had a friendly bear visit the tent in the middle of the night. (Sorry, no pictures of the bear - too chicken to stick my head out of the tent. I do have a picture of one of the lakes near our camp grounds. Doesn't it just make you want to run to Colorado?)


Additionally, my mom had an art show this month. It was a lot of fun helping put the show together and it was wonderful when she sold some!

In July we got to spend a lot of time in Amarillo visiting family and friends. I sware we were there just about every weekend. However, it was totally worth it to play with everyone. I'm working on future husband possibilities for The Wee One. I figure I have enough friends with little boys that she should have plenty of options.





Toward the end of July, we went back to Colorado, again trying to escape the heat. No luck that time...Colorado got a heat-wave while we were there. Yikes! Still had a great time in Lake City, Gunnison, Black Canyon of the Gunnison, Ouray, Silverton, Teluride, Mesa Verde, and Durango. Not a bad week. No bears, but plenty of beautiful, God-inspired vistas!


The last week of July we went down to the Hill Country of Texas. Austin, Waco, Georgetown, San Antonio, Canyon Lake, and Concan. Got to see more family and eat at one of our favorite places in Austin (Sweetish Hill Bakery). The end of the trip (and the end of the summer) was the family reunion. This is The Husband's grandmother's family reunion and it is a ton of fun! Sitting in the Frio River all day and eating great food every evening. Can you ask for more?






That pretty much sums up our summer, but it also explains a little about why I haven't been on here as much as I would have liked. Now it's back to school and routine. I think I'm ready!






No comments: