Saturday, October 30, 2010

Seriously?

I can't recall the reason we were discussing this odd topic, but the other day The Husband made a comment that, well honestly, makes me question his sanity.

"I think being eaten by a bear would be the best way to die."

WHAT?!

Yeah, that actually came out of his mouth. Wow! As you can imagine, I had to question this thought - oh, and horrible ridicule him. Here's his thought process...
"Killed by a bear is a memorable way to go.
People would be like, "Did you hear _____ got eaten by a bear? Pretty cool."
I don't think so.

Here's my thought on this..."Did you hear _____ got eaten by a bear? What a dumb-ass." Not only would it be horrible sad and pathetic, I figure he would traumatise the entire family from every going into the wilderness again.
He truly hopes to "go out with his boots on" someday. I get that thought, but I prefer the thought of peacefully dying in my sleep. He wants to live life to its fullest, but for some very odd, misplaced reason, he thinks that requires dying in some horrible, painful way. I believe that I can live my life with full vigor and excitement, but die peacefully and still have people remember my life and think I really lived. Different philosophies I guess.
Your thoughts?

1 comment:

The Bonjour Four said...

that is so something my Josh would say too. Crazy men! that's pretty funny.