Friday, January 14, 2011

Sidetracking on purpose

This morning has brought some serious frustrations into my world. Because I just can't seem to deal with them anymore today, I decided I am going to share some from The Wee One. That always makes me smile.

She has been talking more and more lately and every day is a new little gem. There are times when she is perfectly clear, but still plenty of moments when you pretty much have to be around little kids to decipher the code.

A few weeks back she brought home a cute little popsicle reindeer she'd made. Holding it she told us about it. "I made crap. It has eyes."


She is getting a bit bossy for my taste, but I know she gets it honestly. As I put her to bed the other night, I asked for a kiss. Her reply was not as sweet as I would have liked..."No. You go kitchen, Momma."

Most of the time, she is pretty polite. I get lots of "please" and "thanks, Mom." She even gives an "Excuse me" after producing a fake burp.

Bargaining has begun. When you say, "Would you like some milk?" She responds with, "How bout some juice?"

Gotta love when kids learn to talk. : )

3 comments:

Proverbs 31 Wannabe said...

Such sweet moments. Enjoy every second!

jillian sara said...

oh my gosh prairie! i laughed so hard at the crap part my husband was looking at me funny! hahahaha!!!!!

Prairie said...

Thanks ladies. She is pretty precious to us. : )