Thursday, February 10, 2011

Hodgepodge

It's that time again - a day late...I sware I'm not trying to immitate your world Paula (Simply...La La Land). Hodgepodge is good whenever you get to it, right?

1.What is most important - doing what you love or loving what you do?
I would hope these would be one in the same. Can you really do what you love, if you don't love what you do?

2. Do you like blue cheese?
Nope...I like these simple questions. : )

3. What is the most difficult emotion for you to handle?
Spoke too soon...hard one. When I'm the one expressing the emotion, it is hardest for me to handle anger. When I am the on the receiving end of an emotion, it might be extreme sadness. I never know really what to do. I don't usually want to be bothered when I'm super super sad, but I know others like support so I then get conflicted between how much support to give and how much space to give. Then I end up feeling like I'm making it about me instead of the other person and...well, as you can see...I just get lost in the whole mix.

4. Fresh flowers or a box of chocolate?
If it is for no reason, I love flowers...if you are talking about Valentine's Day, I would rather do something with The Husband than get either of them. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy chocolates, but they are lower on my list.

5. Are you the person you wanted to be when you grew up?
No and thank goodness. I was convienced I wanted to be an international business woman. Married was a possiblity - I knew I didn't want to grow old alone - but kids weren't on the list. Around my junior year of college I started getting into the kid idea (as in it would be cool to have one or two someday) and that's also the year I found my career passion. Big year I guess. Now, I am married and love it. I have a wonderfully sweet little girl. I know what I want to do with my life and I love doing it. Funny how things turn out sometimes.

6. Any special Valentine's Day plans?
Not really. Officially I have choir on that night. Even if we celebrate this weekend, we probably won't do anything too big. Valentine's Day has never been a really big deal to us. Anniversaries and special vacations always take a higher level of importance. That said, we usually do something...maybe a quick ski trip this year?

7. Insert your own random thought here....
Really, typing the above is all I've got left. I am two-thirds of the way through Chapter 4 of my dissertation (thank you new coffee shop!), but I think I might have caught something and after putting the groceries away and typing this, I am heading to bed. It's been a busy day.

Happy Valentine's Day to all those in love!

2 comments:

Paula said...

Congrats on knocking out Chapter 4! So proud of you.

Proverbs 31 Wannabe said...

Yay for hodgepodge on any day of the week! Yay for Valentine's Day and being in love every day of the year! And yay for Chapter 4!