Monday, February 14, 2011

Loving the Relationship


I'll go ahead and jump on board with Valentine's Day and give a simple tribute to The Husband and our relationship together.

This man is everything I could have dreamed of...loving, kind, generous, devoted, Christian, inquisitive, supportive, understanding, and oh so funny. Together, we have built a life that honestly makes us happy.



We met in early 2000, but didn't start dating until that summer. That makes a little over 10 years together - 7+ married. Our life together has been quite busy...never a dull moment around here - The Husband wouldn't know what to do with that. Together, we have moved our stuff 6 times (that's not counting the times we helped each other move before we got married).

We have traveled to 11 different countries, 20 states, 16 National Parks (and various national monuments and lands) and put 7,000 miles on the car in a one week road trip. We get travel so much that it is almost become a joke to our family and friends. This is something I treasure about The Husband. His passion for adventure has pushed me to come out of my shell and I have discovered that travel/adventure is one of my true loves in life. To be able to see the glory of God's creation throughout the world is something that must be experienced.
We laugh together - or at each other - a lot. That is another aspect of our relationship that I adore. Not to say that we don't have our moments...who doesn't, but ultimately, we have fun together. We share a good sense of humor and I feel that is one of the great things about us...even when we get stressed out, we can usually reach a point where we can laugh about it (though that might take a while sometimes).

Lastly, watching The Husband with The Wee One touches my heart in ways that I cannot fully describe. Adding The Wee One to our family definitely changed things, but overwhelmingly in good ways. His love for her builds our relationship because it just makes me love him that much more.

1 comment:

Paula said...

You two are such a fun couple. We love ya and of course that little pumpkin too.