Thursday, February 17, 2011

It finally happened...

I've been waiting for the day when The Wee One "decides" what she wants to wear. While she does this from time-to-time at home, she hasn't pulled any odd outfits out for public - until today.

For some reason, she decided to wake up at 5 (very unusual - 8:30 or 9 is typically more like it) this morning, fully awake. Lucky for me, I didn't hear her and The Husband got up and kept an eye on her (i.e., napped on the couch while she got to watch morning TV). When I got up, she was bouncing around the house as happy as could be. Precious.

As I got her dressed for Mother's Day Out, she insisted on wearing her "flowers". "Flowers" is a nightgown that I wore when she was an infant - in the nursing stage. She has developed an attachment to it and it serves as her blanket, a snuggly, and occasionally, a dress. Today it was a dress.

I put it on over her outfit and finished getting myself ready. I figured she would lose interest by the time we had to leave. Wrong. We put her in the car and drove to school. Once there, I asked her if she would like to leave her "flowers" in the car. Nope. Again, at the door, I asked her if she wanted me to take it off and put it in her bag. Nope.

So there she went to her classroom. As she walked in, some of the other girls said, "Wow, look at her dress. It's so pretty." I think she liked that because she lifted her head and smiled.

*I don't have a picture from this morning, but you can get an idea of what she looked like from this picture take a couple of weeks ago - minus the heels and flower headband. At least she didn't go that far...yet.

3 comments:

jillian sara said...

HA! thats really cute :) I hope I have a girl someday so I can have these fun days... :)

Proverbs 31 Wannabe said...

She is so precious! Love the big flower in her hair too!

Paula said...

I LOVE your little pumpkin! Glad that "flowers" has provided so many uses.