Thursday, March 03, 2011

Playing Catch-Up

So it's Thursday and I have once again missed the official Hodgepodge Wednesday so I am making an executive decision to adopt Hodgepodge Wednesday as my Leftover Thursdays...be on the watch for many more to come. (I get the Hodgepodge Wednesday posts from Proverbs 31 Wannabe who gets them from From This Side of the Pond).

So here are my Leftover Thursdays thoughts....

1. March 2nd was Dr. Seuss's birthday so...do you like green eggs and ham? Okay - how about this instead...how do you like your eggs?
I won't give a tribute to Dr. Seuss here, as it has been done. I will simply say, yes to eggs! I love them fried, hard boiled, scrambled...whatever. Actually I had a yummy egg salad sandwich yesterday (eggs, chopped black olives, mayo, salt, pepper - simple and good).

2. Is March coming in like a lion or something less ferocious where you live?
We are more in the turtle poking his head out to see if it's okay world. 3 or 4 days of BEAUTIFUL weather, and then a cold snap. Hum....

3. Do you work better or worse under pressure?
I'm sure most people feel this way, but definitely UNDER PRESSURE! I have a horrible tendancy to crowd my life with meaningless things if I allow too much time. I need to be busy and pressured to get positive results. Sad reflection of my personality, but it's true.

4. Under what circumstances do you do your best thinking?
When I am surrounded (or at least in contact with) inspiring people. I become inspired when I am around others by bouncing ideas off them. I also have to say that when I am working in a field I love or am passionate about (higher education/social issue & peer eduation programming/program development). I get charged and love to organize ideas. I am not a creative person, in the traditional sense, but I can plan a program like no one's business. : )

5. What item of clothing from your wardrobe do you wear most often?
Sad as it is to say, these days it is probably a variety of t-shirts. I just lack motivation to get "dressed up" when I'm at home all day with just the Wee One and myself. Other than that, I probably wear my black criss-cross top most.

6. Do you use sarcasm?
Probably much more than I should, but I have a dry humor and sarcasm works well with that.

7. Insert your own random thought here...
I could hurt someone fierce to get my hands on a good chicken-fried steak right now. (I know, it's an odd thought, but that's what I'm thinking about.)

1 comment:

Paula said...

I am making Chicken Fried Steak this Saturday night and you are welcome to join us. If that doesn't work I will make you some over spring break or the very next time we can get together. LOVE YA...sarcasm and all